If you want to upgrade your classic kitchen the easiest way to do it is to get some modern small appliances. It is time to let go of your favorite tired cutting board and put down the knife. A food processor can save you a lot of hassle and it can be much safer than dicing your own vegetables by hand and this is just one of the many ways it can help you while you cook. For those of you who are looking for ways to prepare your favorite more efficiently and with half the work then we have got the ultimate machine for you.
The BFP800XL Sous Chef food processor is one of the most celebrated food processors in the Breville appliance catalogue. Its design enables it to process food of any size or shape with much ease. Ideally, this food processor features a wide chute that makes it easy to load and slice veggies of any size or shape while making consistent cuts, which carve the ingredients to an optimal size. It is referred to as the Sous Chef because it can handle any prep work within seconds and enable you to focus on cooking. According to many users, using this device feels like they have an extra person working in the kitchen with them and taking care of all the cumbersome preparation, which goes into a meal.
- Breville Sous Chef is a consumer food processor
- Made in China
- Has a weight of 26 pounds
- 1200-watt induction motor
- A manufacturer’s warranty of 25 years on the induction motor
- UL safety certified
- Shipping weight of 31 pounds
- Dishwasher safe accessories
- Dry capacity: 2.5-cup small bowl and 16-cup large bowl
- Comes with the following accessories: mini blade, plastic spatula, French fry cutting disc, storage box, Adjustable slicing disc, reversible shredding disc, Micro-serrated S Blade, 2-cup (600ml) small bowl, 16-cup (3.8 L) large bowl, whisking disc, dough blade, Julienne disc, cleaning brush, large food pusher, small food pusher, small pusher cap and large processing bowl lid.
Features and Benefits of the Breville Sous Chef
The BFP800XL is currently one of the top kitchen food processors that you can buy for your home. Below are just some of the reasons this small countertop appliance really shines in any type of cooking environment and why owners who have bought this food processor continue to rave about how well it performs for them while they are preparing their favorite recipes.
The Breville Sous Chef food processor features a perfect selection of blades. The blades are made from a high-quality stainless steel; thus, can last for a long time. They include:
· Adjustable Slicing Disc: This disc has measurements on the blade’s back, giving you the opportunity to adjust to your desired thickness with just the turn of the knob. It has twenty-four settings from paper thin, and 0.3 to 0.8 mm thickness.
· Micro-Serrated S Blade: This blade can chop both raw and cooked vegetables and meat. It not only purees but also makes soup. Moreover, you can make your own healthy smoothies and ice cream with this blade
· Whisking Disc: The disc has an emulsifying disk for whipping egg whites or heavy ice cream. It also does a perfect job of making milkshakes. Though it may take some initial experimentation to get the desired results, this disc will whip your ingredients within seconds.
· Julienne Disc: Excellent for cutting zucchini and carrots
· Disc Spindle: It is used to hold all of the discs (with an exception of chopping blade) in place. It is designed in such a way that the changing of blades is no tedious task.
· French Fry Cutting Disc: It makes perfectly cut French fries in a few seconds
· Mini Blade: It is used with the 2.5-cup Mini Processing Bowl
· Reversible Shredding Disc: This cleverly designed blade has multiple uses. One of its sides is coarse, and the other fine. The coarse side can be used to shred potatoes or cabbage, and the fine side can be used for cheese or carrots.
Feed Tube Size
This device comes with a 5.5-inch super wide feed tube; hence, you can shred, chop or slice large potatoes and whole onions without first having to chop them down to fit in the tube. In addition to the feed tube, there are the small and large pushers. The small pusher is perfect for leeks and carrots.
This model features a robust 1200-watt Induction Motor. With very few movable parts, the induction motor is destined to last for a long time. Its induction motor is so powerful and efficient that it takes only a few seconds to get your food sliced, shredded or chopped.
The dough blade is great for making cookies, pastry and pizza dough. Although some users claim that the Breville Sous Chef does not work well when it comes to yeast based dough, it might be because it is so powerful that it heats the dough within seconds. It is important to remain watchful during processing time.
This model features two work bowls, both of which are BPA-free. The two bowls include 2.5-cup (600ml) small bowl and 16-cup (3.8L) large bowl. The 2.5-cup small bowl is used for small tasks like mincing garlic, and the 16-cup large bowl is great for making large batches of soup. It can hold 12 cups of liquid and a full 16 cups for dry ingredients. Unlike the work bowl on most food processors, this machine’s large bowl does not have a hole in the bottom center. It is completely sealed to prevent leaks; thus, can be cleaned easily and leakage can be eliminated. With such a capacity, you do not need to empty the Breville Sous Chef so often.
Since this unit comes with every available accessory, it perfectly does all kinds of jobs on all kinds of food. Its ability to combine both small and super wide feed chutes as well as a large variety of discs and blades makes it capable of accommodating quite a range of food sizes and shapes while producing the best results ever.
Controls and Speed
The machine has three stunning control buttons:
· Power Off
· Start/Pause: Used for continuous processing like when pureeing food
Because the pulse button is very fast, it is advisable to use a light touch. Ideally, the model’s touch pad control is clean, smooth and classy with stylish round buttons. It also has the LCD count up and down timer feature, which would help you count up and figure out how long it takes to make a recipe. This is crucial, especially when making a recipe for the first time.
· Power cord: 3 feet
· Height when fully assembled: 17.8 inches
· Weight: 20 lbs
· Width: 8 inches
· Depth: 10.2 inches
- Adjustable blade with twenty-four different settings
- Easy to clean
- Power cord retracts for easy storage
- Consistent slicing
- Relatively quiet
- Works fast
- Long lasting
- Robust motor
- Solid die-cast metal base
- Easy to set up
- Like most food processors, it does not “grind” meat. However, it will slice, dice and chop all kinds of meat in seconds
- Very heavy (weighs 20 lbs) because of the numerous accessories and features
- The metal tips on the blades and disc spindle often get very hot and can burn your hand if you are not cautious
This is one of the more expensive food processors on the market, but for the price you sure get a lot of value. For anyone who must always have the best, no matter the cost, then this Breville BFP800XL food processor would make an excellent addition to their kitchen. With a sleek design, variable bowl capacity, and powerful motor, this is one food processor that can sure get the job done no matter what your recipes call for. You can read more on the Breville Sous Chef to see why you should not be cooking without one. For a better idea of just what this appliance can do, check of the video below.